Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Warranty Expired

Thanks for putting up with my "it sucks to be me" post yesterday. I'm in a better place now, though still shaking my head at the confluence of events.

I did library volunteer today (so I don't have to do it next week, right after the root canal), and the librarian and I were talking about feeling like you're falling apart. She said she hit a certain age and felt like her warranty had just expired, because all sorts of things started going wrong.

That's it, exactly. My warranty has expired, and of course now everything is breaking down. I thought I was going in for basic service and here I am with lots of expensive repairs.

I suppose my only hope is that my husband doesn't decide to trade me in for a newer model.

1 comment:

Jill in MA said...

I don't think your hubby will trade you in for the newer model. He's the kind of guy who appreciates a classic! He would complain that the newer model is just not made with the quality he remembers! Keep up the humor -- it will help you through.