Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday at last!

I don't know why I still look forward to Fridays. As a stay-at-home mom, Monday is really the day off. Saturday and Sunday are full of sports and church and chores - especially the stuff I haven't gotten to yet, and the stuff John needs to do.

But I still like Fridays - and tomorrow is the last day of Fall soccer so we'll be able to sleep in a little! Two games, winterizing the trailer, and cleaning up enough that I can have guests over for Thanksgiving without being completely embarassed. And I get to go make the meals I won - at my son's school fundraiser, I won three meals from a "take and bake" sort of place. They have all the ingredients prepped, you prepare it, take it home and put it in the freezer, and then it goes in the oven when you're ready to eat. Way cool, especially with my biopsy coming up and a few days off my feet.

William went in for his checkup today and thoroughly charmed the doctor, the nurse, and of course, me. He was in extra cute mode, drawing pictures on the paper on the exam table, singing happy birthday to himself, and generally being William. Healthy as a horse, 95% in height and 58% in weight - am I sure he's my kid?

No comments: