Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Geriatric Cat

So how is my poor Jenny, who I was convinced was taking a one-way trip to the vet? It is a miracle of modern science. We have been feeding her the prescription cat food, and the 2nd choice one, at that, because her kidneys can't handle the high protein version. She is now jumping onto the family room sofa, venturing up the stairs into the great room, and actually interacting with the family!!!

It has been a long time since she did more than eat and sleep, so this is very wonderful. Soon, I will take her back to the vet for a bath (really, she needs help grooming) and probably arthritis medicine. And then I won't know how to keep up with her!

And she's still the same old Jenny. I pet or brush her as we sit on the sofa, and she'll lick my hand, and purr, and then chomp down on me. Or dig in her claws as she stretches. Her love nips are on the vicious side...

2 comments:

Lisa C said...

I'm glad to hear there's such a change in her. Nice to hear she has responded so well.

Susan Z said...

I have a cat like that...
The love that hurts