Monday, November 26, 2007

Joys of Getting Old, part 2

I can't decide if its that I really am falling apart faster in my 40th year, or just paying more attention to it because I feel like it's time to take care of myself.

Found out today I need a root canal for an infected tooth. Like, urgently, we would love to do it today. However, I have a biopsy on a nerve in my leg scheduled for Thursday, so how do these two things mesh? I've called the surgeon to find out if I can take the dentist's antibiotics after the biopsy and before the root canal, and I'm waiting for the call back. The current plan is the root canal on Monday, so my leg will hurt and my mouth will hurt. Bleah.

The last time I had surgery, which was much more complicated and I won't go into gross details, I was in the hospital for 2 days and recovering for weeks at home before I felt "normal" again. I realized I'm sort of expecting that, even though this is a biopsy, really just a deep cut in my leg. I don't know whether I should do more internet research, or if it will only make me more stressed about it. And then of course, I will be waiting for results this time, which is a little different.

I suppose I should look at the root canal as probably no more painful than what I've been living with all this time. And the biopsy site may hurt, but nothing like what I went through before. Oh Joy.

No comments: