Monday, January 21, 2008

Who Woulda Thunk It!

Go Giants! I was never much of a sports fan until graduate school. Hanging out with football fans meant I might as well watch the game because that's all that anyone talked about on Monday at lunch. And I participated in the football pool at work (won a few times, too). We haven't watched much this last season because the kids have had activities on Sunday afternoon. But I've been reading the sports section every day and really enjoying it.

Last night we watched the Green Bay - New York game. We had to bring an old TV up from the basement because JC and his friends were having a sleepover, and wanted to play video games. So the boys played their games in the dining room, and all claimed to have no interest in football. But every time we cheered or groaned loudly, they'd come running in, "What happened?"

It was a great game. I won't bore you with details if you're not a sports fan, and if you are, you probably know already. But we really enjoyed it, the Giants won in overtime, and they're going to the Super Bowl!

1 comment:

Jill in MA said...

I repeat:

GO PATS!!!!

(tee hee)