Thursday, January 24, 2008

Are YOU smarter than a 5th grader?

Ok, we don't watch a lot of network tv, but the few times I've caught this show, I've been hooked. Being a trivia buff in general, and fond of talking to the tv as well, this show is right up my alley. Besides, the few times I've watched it and the kids have been up, I've been able to impress them with my command of trivia. I'll take what I can get.

Tonight, I would have won $500,000, because I knew that "Gulliver's Travels" was written by Jonathan Swift. Sadly, the guy playing it knew that too, but wasn't sure enough, so he dropped out. In all fairness, I wasn't that sure either, so I probably would have dropped out also. However, he has $300,000, and I just have the moral satisfaction that I got the answer right with nothing at stake.

In other news, our excitment for the week came courtesy of John's sister. She called me yesterday from her dr's office. Seems she'd had trouble breathing while at work, made it to the office but they wouldn't let her drive home. I took her home, but later that afternoon John had to take her to the ER as it happened again. The diagnosis was "bronchial spasms", which is similar to an asthma attack. Probably related to a respiratory infection. Very scary. She seems to be doing ok now, and has an inhaler for emergencies, so we are hopeful the worst is over and thankful it wasn't worse. Makes you think twice about fluffing off that cold and cough!

No comments: