Sunday, January 6, 2008

Lazy Weekend

We try to cram too much in on the weekend, most of the time. I tend to run the out-of-the house errands during the week when the kids are in school, so I'm not very good at getting the in-the-house stuff done. Weekends are the time we try to pick up the slack - laundry, picking up, cleaning, etc.

This weekend, John did most of the laundry, and I have to admit I haven't done much of anything. My pre-Christmas cold is still hanging on, and while I don't feel too bad, I'm still coughing and stuffy and feeling a little lousy AND a little sorry for myself (bad combo). So I picked at the house, here and there making a little progress, but I also played a lot of Lego Star Wars, both with and without children. And watched some tv and puttered on the computer. I did go to the grocery store, but only because we were completely out of milk, which makes breakfast very challenging in this house.

So now it's Sunday evening. I feel like there's still a huge to-do list in the house, which there is, but there always seems to be a huge list of housework. I feel slightly better, but I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow anyway. So it seems to be pretty neutral. Spun my wheels for the weekend, but not that much more behind than usual.

No comments: