Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Winter Blahs

Sorry to have been AWOL for a while. We had a real live snow day on Friday, so the kids were home from school. Rather than stay home and cocoon for a day, I agreed that we would try to get to our pre-arranged playdate. This involved dragging the snowblower out of the shed (and around the far side of the house, the near side being blocked by the trailer), and trying to get the darn thing started after a year (at least!) of inactivity. Did you know that when you prime it, you have to take your glove off to block the little air hole in the primer button? I know that now! John was in Brazil. He has a knack for being someplace warm when it snows here.

Saturday I got a mammogram (good for me, it's about time), and went to a mother/daughter stamping workshop with Rachel. Sunday I went to a gallery opening - a friend's sister is an artist, and is a member of the Book Arts Roundtable, which was having a show. So it was all "books", with a BROADLY stretched definition of books, and the theme was "Home." Very cool and inspiring. Monday morning I went to a friend's house for a stamping morning, still feeling inspired, which was great. What was not so great was spending the afternoon feeling naseous - I think from the lunch I inadequately heated and gobbled down because it was late. The rest of the afternoon was nasty, and I did finally throw up after dinner. You know it's bad when that makes you feel better.

However, I still don't feel great, so it may or may not have been food poisoning but rather a bug. I'm really tired and still just a tad queasy, so sitting down and posting hasn't been at the top of my list. Maybe tomorrow I can be interesting.

3 comments:

Jill in MA said...

It's almost March and you're just getting your snowblower out?? Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but it's good to hear from you, even if just to tell us you have the blahs.

ooolia said...

yeah. we're just glad to hear from you.

I was wondering if life gotcha (which it obviously did), but omgosh (is that a word?) I was feeling ill earlier this week from food poisoning, too. No fun.

Lisa C said...

Hope you feel better, that sounds nasty. Bleh. I guess I won't rub in that it's 60s and my daffodils are blooming...hehe