Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday

Reading to William's class was fun. I chose "Giraffe and A Half", at the teacher's request. They'd done a Shel Silverstein book a few days earlier, and she was thrilled that I was willing to read this one - if you've never read it, there's a lot of rhyming repetion that sounds best if you read it as FAST as you can, preferably in one big breath. Apparently, a lot of adults aren't willing. I'm always happy to make a fool of myself in front of children, and 1st graders are a great audience.

This afternoon, JC and his friend from band got together to practice their piece for the upcoming talent show. They are playing the theme from Super Mario Brothers - as a duet for tuba and baritone. Nick found the music online.

The internet is a strange and wonderful place.

1 comment:

Jill in MA said...

How fun! I love reading children's books out loud, especially the ones that are best read fast, with special voices, or some other fun way that gets the kids to laugh. I will have to find "Giraffe and A Half" because it sounds really fun.