Monday, February 2, 2009

Aftermath

Yes, my fears about this morning were well-founded. JC got up just fine, bless his early-bird heart. William actually got out of bed a little better than usual. Go figure. He was still a little grumpy, but since he got up on the early side, we had time for a cuddle on the couch.

Rachel got up complaining that her stomach felt funny, and she didn't feel very good. Classic post-late-night syndrome. I thought about insisting that she go to school. I thought about the fact that William threw up Saturday night - just once, and then he felt fine, but still. I thought about an excuse not to go to the gym. I thought about not getting to go to the gym. I thought about taking a nap, too.

I let her stay home. Call it a mental-health day. She seems to do this a couple of times during the school year - if it was more often, I'd call her on it. As it is, she'll be back at school tomorrow (barring snow day) and won't have missed much. Of course, she'll have extra homework to do on her birthday, so she gets "punishment" after all. (Insert evil laugh here).

No comments: