Monday, November 17, 2008

The Toof Fairy, again

William lost a tooth in gym today. It's been loose, but someone apparently kicked him in the face while they were crawling through a tunnel. If he was upset about being kicked, it was more than offset by the tooth coming out.

So I asked what the tooth fairy would bring him. "A gold coin," also known as a Sacajawea dollar coin - which I don't think I have any of. SO we had a little math exercise about that's the same as 4 quarters or 10 dimes or 100 pennies. I'm leaning towards the 100 pennies, personally.

However, at bedtime, I found him putting the tooth inside multiple containers, "so the tooth fairy can't take it." We have a checkered history with the tooth fairy so I wasn't surprised, but it does leave me with a dilemma. Does the tooth fairy come tonight or not? I asked what he wanted to do with the tooth if he kept it, and he didn't have an answer. I'm not sure what I'm going to do - I guess it depends on if I can find the tooth and how well he's hidden it.

On the plus side, he's all excited to sing "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth."

1 comment:

Susan Z said...

It's probably a good thing that he probably hasn't seen the second Santa Clause movie where they use the toothfairy to get to the North Pole to Santa's workshop.