Friday, November 28, 2008

Socks

I have succumbed to the pressure (Barb, it's all your fault) and started my first pair of socks. My excuse is that there's something else I want to knit on double-pointed-needles and this is a good way to practice. Ummm, yeah, right.

I had knitted about an inch of the first sock, and realized that something was screwing up one of the joins between the needles, and it was bad, so I ripped the whole thing out and started over (in the interest of cutting my losses). This go-round, it's looking better, but I've discovered a tendency to yarn over in one particular place in the pattern. I've caught it every time, but now have to be a little diligent in that one spot.

Of course, I've now bought yarn for about 5 different projects, so I really need to get cracking, or I'll have the same problem with yarn that I do with paper crafting. It's just so much fun to BUY all that stuff!

2 comments:

Lisa C said...

I'm jealous I love buying yarn but I haven't sat down to finish a project in ages. I have a scarf I really want to work on simply because I *might* get it done. I'd love your hat directions too. I have a sock and a half instead of a pair because I couldn't remember how I did the heel the first time around and I wanted them to match. Guess I should go get pointers from a friend of mine that is always knitting socks! Good luck and I'd love to see what colors you have picked out when you are done with them.

Suburban Correspondent said...

I love sock-knitting. It's so portable.