Saturday, April 12, 2008

Pitter patter?

Whoever said that cats are graceful never met my two. That whole "little cat feet" thing is a crock, as far as they're concerned. I'm sitting downstairs and they are chasing each other, full speed, up the stairs, down the hallway, making the turns (four wheel skid on that one!), back down the stairs...

I dragged the kids off to the stamping show today. They took it pretty well. We were lucky there weren't more vendors, and that I wasn't shopping for stamps. I know, a stamp show and I'm not buying stamps? I was really looking for some specific tools and materials, which I found most of (yea!), and ideas. JC was predictably bored, I actually let him go to the computer show next door first, although I think that would have been more interesting to him if John had been along. But JC brought a book and did reasonably well at waiting. William and Rachel were a little more into it, although they weren't interested in quite the same things I was. I don't know if their favorite thing was rummaging through the unmounted rubber (I let them pick a couple of stamps to buy), or the Moveable Parts booth, where the owner was stamping the most charming cats and dogs you can imagine. She stamped a couple of cat faces wearing Harry Potter glasses for Rachel. William was in heaven because I bought a couple of spools of wire for him. I saw pretty much everything I wanted to see by the time the kids reached their limit, and my friend who came with us also had maxed out, so it worked out pretty well.

After we came home, we had an hour or so before JC's roller hockey game. William spent much of the time making sculptures with his wire. Mostly snakes - very very thin snakes...

3 comments:

ooolia said...

neat-o. I'm glad it went well. Now I want some wire to make some lace...

Susan Z said...

We always joke that our cats sound like elephants.

Ann in NJ said...

Definitely elephants, especially because we have hardwood floors upstairs in the looong hallway that the herd can gain speed on...