Monday, April 14, 2008

Havin' a Monday

I'm having that paralysis-inducing anxiety again. I'm participating in a consignment sale this weekend, and I'm RUNNING one the following weekend. I need to make signs to put around town (no, can't delegate, I own the tools and have the skills), make sure fliers get out to be put up(trying to delegate), still recruit more consignors (aagh!), make sure the nursery school that uses our space knows all of our timing (to move their stuff), get volunteers at the times I need them (another aagh!) and oh, yeah, tag MY stuff to put out at the sale this weekend.

So I'm blogging instead.

It's all doable and will get done, except for pulling consignors and volunteers out of my hat, I'm just having that moment. Take a deep breath, ask for and accept help when offered, and just have faith that God will take care of us. If we help one family that can't afford nice things for their kids, we've done a good thing. It's not supposed to be just about the money.

Keep reminding me of that, ok?

2 comments:

Jill in MA said...

It's not just about the money. The money is a bonus.

:-)

ooolia said...

I'd help, but well, you're all the way in NJ!

These days I just set the timer and tell myself I can do anything for 15 minutes. When the buzzer goes off, I can procrastinate some more, but often I'm back in a groove again.

Then again, there are days where I've been completely sidetracked, and try for another 15 minutes.