Sunday, April 27, 2008

Done!

Blogger just ate my whole post, so now you get the abbreviated version. Grrrrr...

Consignment sale is over. Mostly. A few odds and ends to deal with, but the counting cards job belongs to someone else. In a week or so I'll help check the count, and deal with mailing the checks, but that's no big deal. And can all be done sitting down (I'm SO tired).

We had a good but not great sale. Reasonable crowds, but we didn't have as much stuff as sometimes, so that hurt us. And we went a week after another big sale in the area, so that definitely hurt us. And we have to get back to a regular schedule, so people are looking for us. That would help immensely.

So our gross was down slightly from last year, but hey, our net profit will probably be equivalent to holding 4 spaghetti dinners, so that's not bad! And we benefitted two charities who were THRILLED with what they got. So that's good!

I am SO tired. Did I mention that already?

2 comments:

Jill in MA said...

Congrats on a job well done! Now sleep. Please.

ooolia said...

Yea!!! Pat yourself on the back, then find a nice cozy spot for a nap. I give you permission, not that you should need it...