Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year

Ah, January.  After all the bright lights and hustle of the holidays, January can be a bit of a let down.  Or a breath of fresh air.  Or both.  Fits with the namesake of the month, Janus, the Roman god of doorways, or looking both ways at once.

We spent the break at home, hanging out with friends both at home and at their places.  There were intentions of heading into New York City to do something "cultural", or at least, "consumer", but with the snowstorm and subsequent slow cleanup, it didn't seem to be the best week for that.  So we stayed home and did our best to put a dent in the cookies, candy, and other holiday goodies that somehow accumulated.

We also had a couple of school projects do (and yes, I say "we" on purpose.  Many of these are impossible for the child to do by themselves).  William had to do a timeline of his life, with pictures.  Rachel had a rather open-ended project for Latin that ended up being a mobile/family tree of the major Roman gods and goddesses.  I have pictures of the mobile and will post them later - unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the timeline.  They both came out really well.

And while I don't have any specific resolutions, we are doing the usual of trying to eat more healthy foods, which also incorporates eating out less, more exercise, more sleep, etc.  Results are mixed so far, but then again, it's only the 4th.  We'll see.

1 comment:

Susan Z said...

I'm personally running about two weeks behind here. I just got our "Christmas" letter out for people I do not have electronic access to. I wish I could wave my magic wand and pack up the Christmas stuff....