Saturday, January 8, 2011

Contrasts

We celebrated JC's 16th birthday today.  It was a decidely different party than the one for William's 9th back in November.  This was JC's show, as much as it could be.  He decided what he wanted to do (go out to a Japanese Hibachi restaurant and then hang out and play video games).  He decided who to invite, and did so (after only a little nagging from Mom to follow through).  He invited friends that we didn't know (which was fine).

We provided transportation, dinner, and cake (which, besides requesting yellow cake with NOT chocolate frosting, he had surprisingly little opinion about).  And we tried to be unobtrusivly present throughout the evening (not that any of these kids were trouble).  I think they all had a good time.  I'm pretty sure JC did, which is what really matters, after all.

I enjoyed watching my son growing up.  And also the fact that I didn't have to plan the party.

1 comment:

hokgardner said...

Happy 16th!

Which reminds me, my daughter turns 8 in three weeks, and I haven't even begun to plan. Eek.