Monday, October 4, 2010

Recovery

As I may have mentioned before, my church holds a consignment sale of kids clothing and stuff twice a year.  As I'm sure I've mentioned at least once, I run the sale.

The sale was this weekend.

I'm exhausted.

But it was a good sale, or at least, better than the one before.  We don't know the total net, yet - we have to pay the consignors first, which involves counting all the cards.  One for each item sold, and labeled with which consignor brought the item.  The church keeps 30% of the sale price.  We also take a small fee for advertising if you sell enough.  So that counts towards the church total.  And we do get some items donated so the church keeps 100% of that.

As you can see, figuring out how much we made is a little complicated.  Fortunately, that's not my job.  Somebody else has a complicated computer database all configured to calculate everything, so I am happy to offload.

All the consignors seemed happy at the end, and we got everything picked up, donated, cleaned up, etc.

Are we going to do it again in the spring?  Don't ask me that yet, my feet still hurt.

No comments: