Monday, April 12, 2010

Tied Up in Knots

The church consignment sale is Saturday.  I have a volunteer coordinator who is scheduling everybody and (I think) has it all under control.

The usual suspects got the racks to the church yesterday, and put the signs out.

We don't have as many consignors as I would like, by definition that limits the amount of money we can make but there's not a lot I can do about that at this point.

Our advertising volunteer has been ON it, and while we probably never have enough flyers out, we have more than last time.  And we have 2 new signs out, so better advertising than usual.  I spruced up the big sign for the front of the church and got it out on time yesterday.  I have 6 real-estate type signs that I'm supposed to repaint this week and we'll put them out Friday night/Saturday morning.

And my stomach is all tied up in knots and I have a feeling of dread and soul-sucking fear that's making it hard for me to get anything done.  There isn't any real reason for it, and certainly doing stuff this week would be more useful than being paralyzed, but it's like I'm dragging myself through molasses.  What if we don't have enough consignors?  What if we can't get set up in time before the consignors arrive?  What if nobody comes to shop the sale?  What if we can't get rid of the leftovers?

I know, I know, deep breath and get back to work.  Remind myself that it's not just about the money, we also perform a ministry to poor families in the area both through an opportunity to shop and donations afterwards.  But, oh, would I like to make a BIG slug of money for the church!

1 comment:

hokgardner said...

I know that feeling all too well. I'm sure everything will go great for the sale.