Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lyndon LaRouche is Still Around

Or, at least, his followers are.  I stopped at the post office in a nearby town to mail some letters today (and pick up a sandwich at the deli next door).  There were a couple of Lyndon LaRouche supporters there with large signs and an aggressive (but not obnoxious) attitude.  The posters were obnoxious - I would never have thought to equate Nixon and Obama, but there it was.

First they asked if their posters were large enough to read (most definitly).  Then they asked if I wanted to help them work to impeach Obama.

Uh, no.  Debated about debating them, but in my experience, people like that have made up their minds and NOTHING you can say will even begin to sway them.  Doesn't even matter if you have facts on your side.

It was a good sandwich, though.  And I'm sort of considering checking out the LaRouche website, except that it might encourage them.  Of course, it's really out of a morbid curiousity.

I thought he was dead.  Think if I'd mentioned that, it would have shut them up?  No?  You're probably right.

2 comments:

hokgardner said...

Debating them never works, no matter how appealing the idea might seem.

It's like that old addage about wrestling a pig - you end up muddy and the pig has fun.

hokgardner said...

And by you, I mean you, and by pig, I mean the LaRouche supporters. They'd love to debate you.

(I suddenly worried that my previous comment didn't make any sense.)