Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In Which I Become Somewhat Tired of Snow

Here in the Hundred Acre Woods New Jersey, it has been snowing all day.  It stopped about 8pm or so, leaving us with 15" of snow.

The deck (currently unfinished) is about 2' off the ground, just for reference.  Now, there was a small amount of snow from last weekend's storm, but I'm not sure how much there was in this area.
This is right out the back door, and somewhat sheltered, which may make for less snow (sheltered by the house), or more snow (sheltered by the house so it didn't blow away).

This was truly a 24 hour storm, as it started snowing last night about 7:30pm.  The kids had the day off from school, which was good because the worst of it was about the time they would have been on school busses coming home.  And they actually have tomorrow off as well, which I find totally surprising because the snow has stopped and there's plenty of time for the plows to clear all the roads.

I do have a little work to do on my car, obviously.  JC and William and Rachel shoveled the driveway - mostly William, but it snowed another 6" after that so we'll have to do it again in the morning.

I'll admit to being a little tired of snow and cold.  I have not stepped foot outside the house all day except for taking the pictures.  Oh, and I went outside when I looked out the window and all I could see was Rachel's legs lying very still in the snow.  I had a moment where I thought she had slid down our hill headfirst into the neighbor's tree.  Turns out she was watching the birds and seeing how fast the snow piled up on her snowpants.

I'm kind of looking forward to weather where I can throw them outside and not worry about frostbite or sledding injuries.

No comments: