Monday, March 23, 2009

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Where does the time go? Seems like Rachel just got sick - but we finished the antibiotic last night.

My favorite grocery store has just started a program where you can take a scanner around the store with you. You scan your groceries and bag them right into your cart as you are shopping. Then at checkout, it downloads your items into the register, you pay, and you've already bagged everything. I love it. I'm such a techno nerd, I would much rather do it myself (they already had self-checkout, which I love). And playing with the scanner really does feel like playing.

Yes, I know, now they don't have to hire as many cashiers. But you know what? They're already cutting back on them anyway, and if my doing this makes the line move faster, well, that's all good. And it's fun!

I'm trying once again to get back on the diet bandwagon that I fell off of at New Year's. So far today I've done very well, and I went for a walk AND went to the gym. And resisted the last home-made chocolate chip cookie. That's the hard part.

A whiteboard fell off our wall last night. The foam double-stick tape that failed to hold it to the wall is now permanently attached to my floor. Go figure.

1 comment:

Momo Fali said...

I'm sorry, but that last bit about the whiteboard cracked me up! That's when you throw your hands up and wonder why life likes to keep things so interesting.