Friday, December 5, 2008

Wish Me Luck

Tomorrow is William's Birthday party. The cake is not completely decorated (I ran out of sprinkles for the sides). The dining room is a mess, there is no tablecloth on the table yet. The kitchen is a mess from the cake making/decorating process.

We are going to be making marshmallow shooters out of PVC pipe. I have goggles for each boy and targets from the hunting goods store (including turkey targets!). We don't really have many planned activities besides that. They will be here 2 hours.

I've never been this unprepared for a party before - usually I have a list of activities and plenty of backups. We have until 1pm to prepare, and then five 6-7yr old boys will descend on our house. Right now, I'm going to bed because I'm exhausted.

It's like a bad reality show on TV. "Will she survive? Tune in tomorrow to find out!"

2 comments:

Lisa C said...

I'm sure you'll manage just fine! Being that the party starts in about 20 mins. Either you are in panic mode or just going with the flow.

Jill in MA said...

They're probably just leaving, but I'm sure they had a great time. You did, after all, give them weapons... with marshmallows. How fun is that for a 7-yr-old??