Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

"Christmas day is in our grasp
So long as we have hands to clasp"

As Dr. Seuss said, Christmas is about the people we love.

We had a lovely Christmas:
1. The Children's Nativity pageant went off without a hitch - except for the minister accidentally cutting off the last reader, but everything else went smoothly. And the glue on the star was dry.
2. All the presents got wrapped, although John was up until the wee hours setting up the kid's new computer. We thought we were done with those days of late night assembly. Hah!
3. All our guests came for a lovely Christmas dinner. The roast came out beautifully, albeit an hour and a half EARLY (which so beats late). We had to wait for the potatoes because I got them in late and peeled my fingers, but all was yummy and we all ate too much.
4. We had plenty of cookies, because I went to an awesome cookie exchange Monday.
5.The kids were thrilled with their presents. Thrilled! Rachel is figuring out this texting thing. JC has evolved all the way to fire and tribalism in Spore. William didn't even miss the giant pirate ship I didn't buy him.
6. My house got just clean enough, because the kids cooperated, and helped.

So tomorrow John is off to Florida to visit his parents and earn platinum status on his frequent flyer program. I will finally mail my brother's presents, which is fine because his kids are older and understanding. I will work on Christmas cards tomorrow, yes I know it's late, but I've decided that's no excuse. And we'll just chill for a couple of days.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: