1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both... I hate those plastic clamshell packages - how are you supposed to wrap those?
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, baby. We had our last one more than 15 years and it still looks good.
3. When do you put up the tree? When we get around to it! Usually the 2nd week of December
4. When do you take the tree down? Depends on when we feel like it. It may stay up until mid-January for our Post-Christmas Letdown Party this year.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not so much. Too heavy.
6. Favorite gift received ever? John's done a pretty good job surprising me a few times, I'm not sure I could pick just one.
7. Hardest person to buy for? John. He usually buys himself what he wants.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Usually my mom. We have similar tastes.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I'm up to 38 if you include the ones on ornaments. If you tell people you're collecting something, they look for interesting ones.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail, when we get our act together. this year for sure!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year my darling husband didn't get me anything because he was so busy. That one hurt (he made up for it later).
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Original version with Boris Karloff)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'll pick up things year round if I see them, but I get serious around Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Possibly.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? I prefer twinkly colored ones, my husband likes the novelty lights (who else has shotgun shell lights?). We have some of both.
17. Favorite Christmas song? To sing, "Angels We Have Heard on High." To listen to, currently most things on the Barenaked Ladies Christmas Album.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Would rather stay home and have people come to me.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? morning. Stockings first, then breakfast, then the rest of the tree.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Parking
23. What theme or color are you using? I guess you'd say "eclectic". I go for novelty ornaments, and there may not be any on the tree that are identical.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We usually go for turkey, but this year I'm branching out to prime rib and I'm excited.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I've lost a lot of weight recently, so I'm actually excited to get clothes.