Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Waiting and Worrying

JC is having his wisdom teeth removed this morning. John took him to the appointment. It's been 2 1/2 hours, and he's still in there, I think. I called a minute ago and John didn't pick up, it went to voicemail. Hmmmm... It probably means John's on the phone with someone else, but, well, I worry.

Our orthodontist, whom I love, recommended the oral surgeon and speaks highly of him. But it's hard not to worry. Despite the fact that JC is almost as tall as I am, he's still my baby. I want him home and safe - it's that general anesthetic thing, you know? I need to know he's ok, even if that means puffy and sore. I'm just hoping he has a better reaction to anesthetic than I do - I've only thrown up once, but that was enough.

After the events this summer, I'm feeling a little more worried about things that I might otherwise find routine. It will probably wear off, but at the moment, I worry.

No comments: