Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympic Hangover

Not an Olympic SIZED hangover, an Olympic hangover. See, even with the DVR, and skipping commercials and fast-forwarding through the boring parts (who needs to see ALL the laps of the mountain bike race? Or the whole marathon? Unless you're related to an athlete), we've been staying up WAY too late watching the Olympics. Yes, yes, I know I could go to bed earlier and catch up the next day, but then I'd still be watching, and it was already hard not to find out results before I watched the event. And as I kept telling the kids, no, you can't watch something else, the Olympics only happen every 4 years. And I'm watching NOW.

But now it's over. We watched the entire closing ceremony last night, and I let the kids stay up, and even though we deliberately started late so we could skip commercials, the kids wouldn't let me fast-forward through parts of the ceremony last night. So we were all up late last night, and fortunately had nothing planned for today (poor John had to go to work, of course). Now I'm catching up on blogs and the kids are watching TV and it's after 11am already.

We are SO going to be hurting next week when school starts.

1 comment:

Barb Matijevich said...

I could have written this post. When I was a kid, we were never allowed to watch TV much so when the Olympics were on, the whole family got together and we WATCHED THEM, by gosh.

My kids are all, "Why CAN'T we watch a MOVIE?" and I'm all, "Because I said so."