Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Havin' a heat wave, a tropical heat wave...

It's HOT here in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region. So hot that they had an early closing for the public schools in our town yesterday. We've been in the school system 8 years now - this is the first time I remember that happening. But the elementary/middle schools are mostly not air-conditioned, and it was 98 degrees yesterday. The high school is 95% air-conditioned and in the middle of exams, so those kids had to stay.

They've already announced an early closing for today. So has William's school. The kids are psyched. I'm just glad I hadn't planned anything for today that required kids to be in school (eg., a doctor's appointment). We'll hang out in the a/c and I'll let them play too many video games. I volunteered to make cookies for Rachel's 4th grade send-off (they're moving to another school for 5th grade), but that can wait for the cooler temperatures that should arrive tomorrow.

And yes, I'll say it - it's not the heat, it's the humidity. :)

No comments: