Thursday, January 29, 2009

Un-day

We had a snow day yesterday. More accurately, a freezing rain and ice day. Not a lot of snow, but freezing rain and sleet all day. Even today the roads are pretty slippy. Somehow, given the amount of salt they usually use, yesterday they didn't put much down. Go figure.

We spent the whole day being slugs, playing video games, computer games, watching TV. I entered stuff into my new project notebook on Ravelry (yay!). It's an online meeting place and project organizer for knitters and crocheters, much like SplitCoast Stampers is for rubber stampers. Although SplitCoast doesn't have the stash organizing tools that Ravelry does. Oooo...

Today I am waiting for the dishwasher repairman to arrive. I've had this dishwasher 3 years (maybe slightly less) and this is the second repair call. I am NOT happy. The first was a flaw in manufacturing - the insulation in the door ate away the wires for the wiring harness. Guess how long it took us to figure out THAT one? Oy. So now it's making a grinding/rubbing noise and is much noisier than it used to be AND the dishes don't come clean unless it's on "powerscrub". Normally I would keep using it until it died and THEN call a repairman. I'm trying to be proactive - or cheap. And dead dishwashers are something that can't be ignored.

So yesterday we watched a DVD of "The Best of The Electric Company". I'd gotten it from NetFlix, mostly because I have fond memories of the show. It has aged...okay. The production values and styles are hysterical. The cast, well, I was amazed. Bill Cosby, Rita Moreno, Irene Carra, Morgan Freeman...Morgan Freeman? Really? Really!

One of the bits was about the days of the week, and then the character sings a song about needing an "un-day", where you don't have to do anything. We had an un-day yesterday. It was kind of nice.

No comments: