Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Introducing Me



Now I've done it. I've created a blog. Don't know if I have anything interesting to say, but since I enjoy reading other blogs, I'll try to return the favor.

I am currently a stay-at-home mom with three kids, ages 12, 9, and 5. Right now I volunteer at our church and my children's schools, avoid housework as much as I can, spend way too much time in the car, and when I can, paper craft and rubber stamp. My background is in engineering, Materials Science and Engineering to be exact, and I have a BS degree and an MS degree. This does give me a certain advantage when helping my kids with homework, but is otherwise not currently useful.

I discovered rubber stamping about 8 years ago, and having always had a weakness for a beautiful sheet of paper, was a natural to get sucked into the world of papercrafting. Now that my youngest is in full-time Kindergarten, I keep hoping I will spend a little more time creating and have something to post here. In reality, so far anyway, I'm always in the car and rarely spend the day at home. I'll keep trying. But I do have a sympathy card I just made and haven't mailed yet. It uses the Scor-It Faux grid technique from the Technique Junkies newsletter.
The name of my blog comes from a sheet of rubber stamps I found some years ago. It has a woman with a word bubble, then a variety of sayings to go in the bubble. My favorite is, "What does she do with all those stamps?"

No comments: