Friday, September 5, 2008

Back in the Routine

What does it say when your husband tells you to update your blog more often? Maybe we should talk more...

We are on Day 3 of school - Day 2 if you only count full days. William thinks 1st grade is "fun". Yes, his words. Hope it lasts. Rachel is less enthusiastic. Her classroom is in a wing of the school that gets full sun, almost all day, so she came home just wiped out yesterday. And this is Rachel, who is always cold. JC, on the other hand, is psyched that almost all of his classes are in the one wing of his school that is air-conditioned. Woo Hoo!

I've had more homework than any of them. I thought I had a lot of forms before school started? Yow! Even more. The ones that make me grumpy are the free lunch and insurance forms. They require them to be returned to school, even if you don't want to apply for the program, to ensure that everyone got a chance. Ok, that's fine, but state that clearly and give me a box to check to make my intentions clear. Last year they did, but not this year. Somehow, I don't need the teacher and the office staff knowing our income, thank you very much. And of course, everything is multiplied by 3.

We've averted one crisis - Rachel got assigned to a different soccer team than she's been on for the past 5 years. A couple of emails to coaches, and a call to the Recreation department, and we're good to go on OUR team. But a moment of panic - we play soccer for fun, and it's much more fun when you know the girls on your team.

Have I made any progress on the piles of junk around the house? No, not so much. I did manage to file or deal with most of the pile on my desk this afternoon. But all this free time while they're at school? Poof! They're home again!

No comments: