Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ready, Set, Go!

We are almost ready for the Great Southern Marathon. This is a two-week trip that involves a 50th Wedding Anniversary, DisneyWorld, a business trip to Toronto, 5 entire days of just driving (not contiguous), multiple relatives from both sides of the family, and a Suburban packed to the gills.

We are leaving tomorrow morning. John is not yet back from the last trip to Toronto. I still have a smattering of stuff to do, most of which the kids can't really help with (they've actually been really good), but I'm sitting down for a much needed break. I was hoping to start loading the car tonight, but I think I will settle for having everything in a pile to be loaded in the morning. I finally got my suitcase packed except for jewelry and makeup. I haven't double-checked the kids suitcases, I think I'm going on faith.

But the house is mostly clean. All the laundry (except for today's) is done. Cat boxes are changed. Recycling is on the curb. And now I have to go chase William through the shower.

Wish us luck! Even more sporadic posting for a while!

2 comments:

Susan Z said...

I was going to say that I was impressed that you were bringing jewlery and make-up as I hardly touch the stuff these days...but I suppose with the 50th wedding anniversary you sort of have to have those things. (Personally, I am a wedding and funeral make-up wearer...though I suppose I might make an exception for a job interview.)
lol, my security word looks like:
isury= I sorry (perhaps blogger is channeling JarJar Binks)

Jill in MA said...

I don't envy you. That sounds like an awful lot of "Are we there yet?" Try to have fun. Especially at Disney. (We're going the week of labor day -- the last year we can do that -- but we're flying.)