Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What Is It About Babies and Knitters?

I'm convinced there is some kind of cosmic link between babies and knitters.  Our neighbors' daughter just gave birth to a girl (Awwwww....!), and while I know the neighbors well, I hardly know their oldest daughter.  She's much much older (early 20's) than the daughter we know well.  That one is a year younger than William.  We've met the older daughter a few times, but she mostly lived with her mom, or was away at college.

But...

Upon hearing the news of the birth, and seeing some pictures (Awwwww.....!), I am overtaken with the urge to knit a Baby Surprise Sweater for her.  To the point where I took time yesterday (which was a very busy day!) to pick some yarn for her while I was at Michaels for something else. 

Maybe it's because baby items are just so darn cute!  Or small and quick?  Or both...


1 comment:

hokgardner said...

I know what you mean. One of the moms at preschool, whom I know well enough to say hi to, is due any day, and I'm tempted to knit her baby some tiny socks. Babies just need little soft wollie things.

And I have yet to knit a surprise jacket successfully. It's now on my bucket list. I even bought a pamphlet that breaks the pattern down by row, and I still don't.get.it.

Of course, I should finish the half of a sleeve I have left on Elizabeth's sweater before I attempt anything else.