Friday, March 4, 2011

Random Stuff

1.  I have a cold.  It started Monday with that little scratchiness in the back of my throat, and now has progressed to coughing fits that would make strangers stare in alarm, if I were going out of the house.  No fever (or at least, not that I've really noticed), no major body aches.  Just stuffed up and coughing.

2.  It's my first real cold of the season, so I guess I shouldn't complain.  It is kind of a bummer, though.

3.  The kids got their report cards in the last couple weeks.  I have one who is on the verge of failing some classes because s/he doesn't do his/her homework.  I have one who missed straight A's by one B+ (and is really annoyed by that) and one who's trending kind of upper average.

4.  Does this mean that I'm trending upper average in parenting skills?  Or am I assuming too much guilt/responsibility for the brilliance and/or laziness of my children?  It always amazes me that three such different people should have come from the same parents.

5.  The weather has finally decided that it could think about moving towards Springtime.  This means that it is sunny and cold instead of snowy and cold.  And it's windy of course.  It is March, after all.

6.  At this point, I'm very happy with sunny and cold.  Even though the season of Mud has arrived.

7.  My front entry is filthy (see #6).

No comments: