Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Storm Before the Calm

Yes, I'm still here, still blogging.  The last few weeks of summer ended up being a little crazy, with camping and day trips and band camp and the unexpected death of a friend (that one was hard).  A little break was in order.

So it has felt somewhat stormy here, with bursts of activity and long lulls and some wild gusts too.  But tomorrow is the first day of school, and while the kids' activities will start up again in earnest, and there will much juggling to get it all done, it will be organized juggling.

Tomorrow is only a half day, but there will be more than 3 hours where no one else is home, and no one else needs me for anything.  I can't wait.  I have a coffee date with a friend I haven't seen in ages, and not too much that HAS to be done while they're at school.  After all these years of having kids in school, I'm finally learning not to overschedule the first week!  I need a little time to relax too, you know.

And to impose a little routine on our days?  That's a fine thing.  In three months, when I'm sick of getting up before the sun, you can remind me I said that, but right now it sounds great.

No comments: