Friday, January 18, 2013

Invariably

I always sit in the chair at the end of the counter. Since I'm always the one getting up to fetch things during meals, it has become MY chair.

It has also become George's cuddle place.  If I sit for more than 5 minutes, George will hop up on my lap, whether I invite him or not. And he likes to be held, with my arm around him.  Anywhere else, he'll sit on my lap for awhile, but won't tolerate being held.

But every time he hops up, I was about to get up to do something - refill my water glass, stir a pot on the stove, something. It's uncanny how bad his timing is.

I need to teach George to bring a cup of coffee with him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hello!!!

Jocelyn said...

Ain't that just how it goes? I'm familiar with the universe's funny way of stopping us just as we are about to launch into motion!

I've just been reading your last few posts and am struck at a few more similarities between our 10/11 year old boys: Paco LOVES Minecraft, too (we got that micro-set of Legos for it last year), and he has the same green hoodie that your lad is wearing in the plantation visit photos.