Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Go Dog, Go!

We don't own a dog. We have two beloved, ridiculous cats, but no dog. However, I do love dogs, and I adore watching the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. It's the perfect time of year - usually cold, and a good time to snuggle upon the couch for a couple of nights.
I missed it last year, so this year I thought to look it up and set the DVR. This has allowed me to leisurely watch when I had time this week, although of course I couldn't avoid finding out the winner Wednesday morning. Perils of the New York media market.

I love hearing all the characteristics of each breed, and of course the dogs are completely adorable. But the winner this year? Holy cow, is that even a dog? Malachy the Pekingese looks more like a mobile dust bunny, or perhaps a sofa cushion. A totally cute dust bunny... are they SURE he's not a stuffed animal?

I mean, just for reference - he weighs less than either George or Sheba. Really.  But you know, the more I look at him?  The more I get the appeal.  How can you resist that little pink tongue?



No comments: