Friday, May 1, 2009

Correction, and a bit of soccer

I've realized my cats have AFFECTION deficit disorder. Not attention deficit. My bad.

We actually managed to have a non-rainy only slightly muddy soccer practice for William. And he paid attention to the coach and (mostly) didn't goof around! Wow. You realize this practically guarantees rain on Saturday afternoon for the game. For which I am to bring oranges, so I will be stuck with a bagful of cut oranges which only JC and I will eat. I suppose there are worse fates.

Rachel had soccer practice last night - again, no rain yet for her practices. It was a good practice, highlighted by a scrimmage between her 5th/6th grade team, and Coach Tom's other team of 7th grade girls. Yes, this man coaches three soccer teams (and has 6 kids and a full-time job to boot). Our team and the 7th graders overlap practice times by 30 minutes, at the same field, so yesterday he proposed a scrimmage. The older girls were mildly concerned they might run over the "little" ones. Mmmmm, not a problem. In fairness, we had two more players than they did, but one of their dads played goalie for them. We kicked their, um, behinds. I believe the final score was 3-0 (maybe just 2-0, let's not exaggerate). But our goalie was bored. Suppose they went home and blamed Goalie Dad?

JC also had roller hockey practice at the fartthest away rink. At the same time as Rachel's soccer practice. Last week, with John out of town, I went to the wrong rink and bagged his practice completely when I realized my mistake. This week, everyone got where they were supposed to, but man, I will be hating Thursdays for the rest of the season (fortunately only 6 more weeks).

Here's why:
3-4 pm Algebra tutoring for JC
4:40 pm pick up Rachel from track at school
6:30 - 7:30 pm Rachel soccer practice
6:30 - 7:30 pm JC roller hockey practice (leave at 5:45 to get there in time)
7:30 - 9 pm Ann and John church choir practice

Yes, there's time for dinner, but only just. And I suppose we could quit the church choir, but honestly? It's a bright spot in my week - I feel like it's the only time I'm really challenging myself with something new, and even learning something. So even though we're late, I'm still going.

But I'm not looking for a pity party - I have other weekdays with NO commitments, it just happened to stack on Thursday. Just wanted to let you know there may some moaning about it on occasion.

No comments: