Saturday, April 18, 2009

While The Cat's Away

The mice will go to Red Lobster. John is allergic to seafood, so any sea-themed restaurant is not on our usual list. But he's gone this week...

I've been jonesing for crab legs - I think it has something to do with watching the "Deadliest Catch" marathon on the Discovery Channel. And JC is always up for shrimp in any form. It used to be that Rachel and William were the weak links. Neither liked the chicken nuggets at Red Lobster, and neither would try anything else on the menu. But last time we went, William had popcorn shrimp and Rachel had a steak and grilled shrimp combo. Happiness at last! So when I suggested we could go out to dinner on Friday, seafood was a unanimous choice.

And everyone was happy. I got my crab legs, mmmmm. JC had crab legs and shrimp, and everyone was happy.

I will say, I understand why crab is so expensive, having watched so many episodes of "Deadliest Catch" now. But now I can justify that I'm helping the guys make money, right?

No comments: