Friday, May 11, 2012

Ten Things on Friday

1.  I fixed the washing machine yesterday.  John had noticed that the upper agitator was not, well, agitating.  He figured out that it was likely the agitator dogs (little plastic cams), particularly since there were little broken pieces of them floating around the inside of the agitator.  I found the appliance repair store that carried parts, called to confirm they had them in stock, purchased them ($16.05 including tax!), found the YouTube video that showed how to open up the agitator to get to them, and installed them.  We are now agitated.  At least, our laundry is.

2.  I am a bad blogger.  I took no pictures of the process.

3.  I still have no pictures of JC in his costume.  It did, however, survive its trip through the washing machine (perhaps because there wasn't much agitation?), so there is still hope.

4.  My sister has officially finished her doctorate in education, and actually has her degree in her hands. I am insanely proud that we have a Ph.D. in the family.  And hugely impressed with her fortitude.  I was going to get my doctorate - I wimped out pretty early in the process, and I didn't even have kids at the time!

5.  There is photographic evidence of the graduation, and the degree, thanks to my mother. Does this make her a better blogger than me?


6.  And perhaps the best thing?  My sister has a job!

7.  John's birthday is tomorrow.  He has requested no presents, doesn't want to go out to dinner, and says that "if I make a cake, he will eat it."  I am sorely tempted to leave the event completely unacknowledged, except then I am afraid he will do the same for Mother's Day.

8.  My only request for Mother's Day is to not have to cook.  I am sure that there have been no preparations for any of my children (or my spouse) to cook, and I am also sure that there have been no reservations made anywhere for Mother's Day brunch.  I don't know what we're doing, but I'm not cooking.

9.  I have invited my friends over for a Pampered Chef party on Wednesday.  This is less a crass grab for hostess cash and more a last-ditch attempt to motivate myself to actually CLEAN the house.  It is working, but there is much left to be done.

10.  Perhaps I should expand my Mother's Day request to include help with the housecleaning?  It's only a gift if they don't whine about it, and I don't think I can push my luck that far.

No comments: